Monday, March 27, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: Jeremiah 14:14-15

Today's Favorite Verse: Jeremiah 14:14-15
"Then the LORD said unto me, The prophets prophesy lies in my name: I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spake unto them: they prophesy unto you a false vision and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their heart.
Therefore thus saith the LORD concerning the prophets that prophesy in my name, and I sent them not, yet they say, Sword and famine shall not be in this land; By sword and famine shall those prophets be consumed."

The very thing the false prophets prophesied were to be, was what God would use to destroy them. They thought there would be no sword or famine in the land, and that was what Jeremiah was told would come because of their wickedness. It made me wonder where I have seen that before? All I could think of is some doom and gloom "prophets" that are always saying its the end of our economy and we will be in bondage. I guess that's the benefit of getting older, I haven't see it happen yet. I used to get in a panic and all concerned, until I found its a story they continually repeat. Creating fear and panic retains viewers and revenue. Now if a true prophet of God prophesies its coming then I will take heed.

"My enemies say that I have been a true prophet. Why, I had rather be a fallen true prophet than a false prophet. When a man goes about prophesying, and commands men to obey his teachings, he must either be a true or false prophet. False prophets always arise to oppose the true prophets and they will prophesy so very near the truth that they will deceive almost the very chosen ones."
(Joseph Smith, "Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith", p. 365)

"For in those days there shall also arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders, insomuch, that, if possible, they shall deceive the very elect, who are the elect according to the covenant."
(JST Matthew 1:22)



Day 2918

No comments:

Post a Comment