Thursday, March 9, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 62:6

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 62:6
"I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night: ye that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence,"

This made me think about something I saw today. There is only 23 more days until General Conference. This is when I listen to the watchmen upon the wall. They are a voice of warning, counsel, and good advice. I love this time of the year. I do not want someone to feed me only smooth things, I want to hear truth.

"That this is a rebellious people, lying children, children that will not hear the law of the Lord:
Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits:
Get you out of the way, turn aside out of the path, cause the Holy One of Israel to cease from before us."
(Isaiah 30:9-11)

"Sadly enough, my young friends, it is a characteristic of our age that if people want any gods at all, they want them to be gods who do not demand much, comfortable gods, smooth gods who not only don’t rock the boat but don’t even row it, gods who pat us on the head, make us giggle, then tell us to run along and pick marigolds."
(Jeffrey R. Holland, "The Cost-and Blessings-of Discipleship", Apr 2014 General Conference)

“How we respond to the words of a living prophet when he tells us what we need to know, but would rather not hear, is a test of our faithfulness”.
(Ezra Taft Benson, “Fourteen Fundamentals in Following the Prophet”, BYU Devotional, Feb. 26, 1980)





Day 2900

No comments:

Post a Comment