Sunday, August 28, 2022

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 71:17

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 71:17
"O God, thou hast taught me from my youth: and hitherto have I declared thy wondrous works."

This made me think about my dear parents. Both are gone now. They taught me from my youth to love God. One of my favorite times as a child was having family home evening. Not only was there family fun that drew us closer together, we sang hymns and had a gospel lesson. Every morning we had family prayer before my father left for work. Many times that was before the sun was even up. It was hard but it was good at the same time. It made me feel safe. There is something about knowing people are praying for you. I reflected on my own family and how much a part of daily family scriptures and prayers are for us. There was a time we had to have scriptures around midnight. Sometimes we would go to bed and then wake up when my husband came home from work to have them. You make time for what you love, and who you love.



Day 2708

No comments:

Post a Comment