Sunday, August 14, 2022

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 57:1

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 57:1
"Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me: for my soul trusteth in thee: yea, in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast."

Things are so turned around in the world right now. Does make me wonder where people are headed. All I want is peace. Being able to find refuge in the Lord until calamities pass over sounds like a really good idea to me.

"The time that is spoken of is not very far distant. “He that will not take up his sword against his neighbor must needs flee to Zion for safety.” And Zion herself must flee to the God of Israel and hide herself in the shadow of his wing, seeking for his guidance and direction to lead her in the right path, both as regards spiritual and temporal affairs; things social and things political, and everything pertaining to human existence. We are not prepared as a people today for the accomplishment of this object; we need the interposition and guidance of the Almighty. It is just as necessary that we be under his guidance in relation to these matters, as it is in regard to any other matters."
(John Taylor, "Temporal Concerns", JD 21:29)

"And it shall come to pass among the wicked, that every man that will not take his sword against his neighbor must needs flee unto Zion for safety."
(Doctrine and Covenants 45:68)



Day 2694

No comments:

Post a Comment