Friday, August 26, 2022

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 69:30

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 69:30
"I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving."

I reflected on my favorite hymns and the gospel truths found in them. I spent time listening to them on YouTube. I had to find the version of "Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing" where the dear brother has tears streaming down his face as he sang. Watching him just moves me, because that's how I feel. Then I looked for the hymn "What Is This Thing That Men Call Death?" that President Gordan B. Hinckley wrote, and Janice Kapp Perry set to music. It was sung at his funeral. This in turn made me find the hymn written by Bruce R. McConkie. This version has Bruce R. McConkie's last testimony with him speaking the words to "I Believe in Christ" while the Tabernacle Choir sings. You know he knows the Lord.

Next, I had to find the hymn our dear prophet Russell M. Nelson wrote "Our Prayer to Thee". To finish, I selected the hymn from this last General Conference, that touched my heart deeply, "It is Well with My Soul". How I love the hymns. I have so many favorites. They fill my soul.



Day 2706

No comments:

Post a Comment