Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 53:2

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 53:2
"God looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, that did seek God."

When I think of God looking at me I want to be found as one that understands and seeks Him. That won't happen without a valiant effort on my part to do both. This is a lifetime pursuit. In all the history of man I marvel at all the tools available to me to do this. Not only is there instruction at church and through temple attendance, there are so many scriptures to read. In addition to the Bible there is the Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and Pearl of Great Price. They all help me in this quest. Then I have all the General Conference talks and reference materials on the church website to come to a knowledge of truth. The problem isn't finding ways to understand, the problem is not seeking.

I remember when I went to school for accounting and I struggled to understand my accounting textbook. I went to DI and bought a different college accounting textbook, so I could gain a different perspective on the concepts I was struggling with. As I read from both books I came to what was common between them and could grasp the concepts. Reading the scriptures is a lot like that. You need all the scriptures and their perspectives to come to an understanding about God and his laws. Reading builds precept upon precept, its an investment that pays off over time. God didn't say we needed a perfect understanding. He will take us wherever we are on the path of understanding and seeking Him. Simply as long as we are on that path.




Day 2690

No comments:

Post a Comment