Friday, August 12, 2022

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 55:17

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 55:17
"Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice."

I pondered on prayer and how often I pray. The day starts and end with prayer, it is so ingrained in me I could not go without it. Then I thought about praying at noon time. I cannot say that is a habit. Long ago I dropped that when I worked onsite and could not reverently pray over my food so easily. I started including prayers over the food I would eat that day in the morning. So where are my noon prayers?

I reflected on all the times I pray throughout the day. I pray before I read my personal scriptures. As a family we pray before we read scriptures together, and once again afterwards which includes a blessing on our evening meal. The other times I pray are spontaneous throughout the day, it is so natural I could not count them. There are times I will pray immediately for a person that I feel needs my prayers. I mainly do it immediately because I do not want to say I will pray for someone and then forget to do that. Then I will stop throughout the day and pray, mainly for guidance and the ability to see all sides of an issue when making decisions or doing hard things. They are short prayers but needful to stay on track. When I find myself feeling particular stressed or burdened I will also pray and ask the Lord to carry it for me. That way I am clear to hear the guidance of the spirit and know what path to take. I am so blessed to work from home. My closet that I can pray in is always around me. The "missing" noon time prayers are really there, but called pray always.

"Pray always, and I will pour out my Spirit upon you, and great shall be your blessing—yea, even more than if you should obtain treasures of earth and corruptibleness to the extent thereof."
(Doctrine and Covenants 19:38)



Day 2692

No comments:

Post a Comment