Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 52:3-6

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 52:3-6
"Thou lovest evil more than good; and lying rather than to speak righteousness. Selah.
Thou lovest all devouring words, O thou deceitful tongue.
God shall likewise destroy thee for ever, he shall take thee away, and pluck thee out of thy dwelling place, and root thee out of the land of the living. Selah.
The righteous also shall see, and fear, and shall laugh at him:"

After seeing the wicked destroyed why would we laugh at them? I looked in the Topic Guide under "Laughter, laugh" for God laughing.

"He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision."
(Psalm 2:4)

"The Lord shall laugh at him: for he seeth that his day is coming."
(Psalm 37:13)

I noticed when it isn't the Lord but others laughing it is to scorn and mocking.

"And they laughed him to scorn, knowing that she was dead."
(Luke 8:53)

I don't feel I can laugh at the destruction of the wicked. I think this verse fits my feelings better.

"Even in laughter the heart is sorrowful; and the end of that mirth is heaviness."
(Proverbs 14:13)

As I ponder on this I don't think the Lord's laughter is with any type of enjoyment over their follies. I think its what I do when I see someone doing something stupid and you know it's going to end badly for them. It's that o' what a fool type of thing with a shake of your head. I can almost hear the Lord saying "how oft would I have gathered you as a hen gathereth her chickens, and ye would not."



Day 2689

No comments:

Post a Comment