Sunday, August 7, 2022

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 50:5, 15

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 50:5, 15
"Gather my saints together unto me; those that have made a covenant with me by sacrifice.
And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me."

I love when I read in the scriptures God's people being called saints. The name Christian was never used by the Lord. Christian was a name the enemies of the church gave His followers, interestingly in both the New Testament and the Book of Mormon. Just like the enemies of the restored church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, called us Mormons instead of latter-day saints. Saints are what we should be, because that is the name God knows us by. There is some type of aversion in calling someone a saint, even among Jesus' followers. I love being called a latter-day saint.

The second verse I pondered on speaks of calling on God in times of trouble and being delivered. It reminds me of the bearing of testimonies as we had today in church. That testimony of what God has done for us does glorify Him.



Day 2687

No comments:

Post a Comment