Saturday, March 6, 2021

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 9:12-13, 16-17

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 9:12-13, 16-17

"And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:
I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.
And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.
And God said unto Noah, This is the token of the covenant, which I have established between me and all flesh that is upon the earth."

The rainbow was a sign or token of God's covenant with Noah and every living creature that the earth would never again be covered with a flood. From the Joseph Smith Translation we also learn that the covenant included that Zion and the city of Enoch would return, and the Lord would come again to dwell on the earth.

"And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant, which I made unto thy father Enoch; that, when men should keep all my commandments, Zion should again come on the earth, the city of Enoch which I have caught up unto myself.
And this is mine everlasting covenant, that when thy posterity shall embrace the truth, and look upward, then shall Zion look downward, and all the heavens shall shake with gladness, and the earth shall tremble with joy;
And the general assembly of the church of the firstborn shall come down out of heaven, and possess the earth, and shall have place until the end come. And this is mine everlasting covenant, which I made with thy father Enoch.
And the bow shall be in the cloud, and I will establish my covenant unto thee, which I have made between me and thee, for every living creature of all flesh that shall be upon the earth.
And God said unto Noah, This is the token of the covenant which I have established between me and thee; for all flesh that shall be upon the earth."
(JST, Genesis 9:21-25)

I noticed that the city of Enoch and the Savior's return does not happen until men keep all of God's commandments, embrace truth and look upward. Yet it seems man's focus is that the world has to reach a certain level of wickedness before that happens. The Lord isn't waiting for the world to become more wicked. I think there is more than enough wickedness if that is the case. The delay is there needs to be a Zion people ready to receive Him. Now is the time to prepare for the Lord's Second Coming, and that means to become the Zion people needed to receive Him. How else would it be the great and dreadful day of the Lord?



Day 2168

No comments:

Post a Comment