Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 34:30

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 34:30

"And Jacob said to Simeon and Levi, Ye have troubled me to make me to stink among the inhabitants of the land, among the Canaanites and the Perizzites: and I being few in number, they shall gather themselves together against me, and slay me; and I shall be destroyed, I and my house."

Jacob's daughter Dinah is defiled, and then the man kept her and wanted his father to get the damsel to be his wife. Father and son go to Jacob to arrange the marriage. Jacob's son deceive them on the conditions, in order to compromise the men, so they could slaughter them. I read this and thought where is the good out of this? Then I realized it's Jacob's words. The actions of his sons have caused them trouble now. Is that not what happens when we don't follow the counsel given us by the prophet and leaders of the church and take matters into our own hands. How many misguided people, or even those that intentional deceive, have ignored the counsel given and brought grief upon the church.



Day 2193

No comments:

Post a Comment