Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 12:3

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 12:3

"And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed."

This chapter made me thing of President Nelson's recent General Conference talk and what he asked me to do.

"As you study your scriptures during the next six months, I encourage you to make a list of all that the Lord has promised He will do for covenant Israel. I think you will be astounded! Ponder these promises. Talk about them with your family and friends. Then live and watch for these promises to be fulfilled in your own life."
(Russell M. Nelson, "Let God Prevail", Oct 2020 General Conference)

It made me think about the recent RootsTech Connect and over 1 million people worldwide participated online in gathering their families. How many lives will be blessed on both sides of the veil from just this one event.

"This doctrine of the gathering is one of the important teachings of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The Lord has declared: “I give unto you a sign … that I shall gather in, from their long dispersion, my people, O house of Israel, and shall establish again among them my Zion.” The coming forth of the Book of Mormon is a sign to the entire world that the Lord has commenced to gather Israel and fulfill covenants He made to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.  We not only teach this doctrine, but we participate in it. We do so as we help to gather the elect of the Lord on both sides of the veil."
(Russell M. Nelson "Gathering of Scattered Israel", Oct 2006 General Conference)



Day 2171

No comments:

Post a Comment