Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 33:4, 10

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 33:4, 10
"And Esau ran to meet him, and embraced him, and fell on his neck, and kissed him: and they wept.
And Jacob said, Nay, I pray thee, if now I have found grace in thy sight, then receive my present at my hand: for therefore I have seen thy face, as though I had seen the face of God, and thou wast pleased with me."

What a touching scene of forgiveness and reconciliation as brothers are once again reunited. I pondered on how Jacob, now Israel, would have another touching reunion later in life with his beloved son, Joseph.

"And Joseph made ready his chariot, and went up to meet Israel his father, to Goshen, and presented himself unto him; and he fell on his neck, and wept on his neck a good while."
(Genesis 46:29)

I thought of other touching scenes to come, like the return of the lost ten tribes of Israel, and the city of Enoch.

"And they shall be filled with songs of everlasting joy.
Behold, this is the blessing of the everlasting God upon the tribes of Israel, and the richer blessing upon the head of Ephraim and his fellows."
(Doctrine and Covenants 133:33-34)

"And the Lord said unto Enoch: Then shalt thou and all thy city meet them there, and we will receive them into our bosom, and they shall see us; and we will fall upon their necks, and they shall fall upon our necks, and we will kiss each other;"
(Moses 7:63)



Day 2192

No comments:

Post a Comment