Monday, March 15, 2021

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 18:15

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 18:15

"Then Sarah denied, saying, I laughed not; for she was afraid. And he said, Nay; but thou didst laugh."

When Sarah overheard the three holy men's news that she would bare a child she laughed within herself. No one heard her, but the Lord. He acknowledges to Abraham that he heard it and what she said. Then Sarah denies it. Now I see why the story of Sodom and Gomorrah fits so well with this.

"And the Lord said, Because of the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous;
I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know."
(Genesis 18:20-21)

Once again Abraham is told the Lord will know the truth even if someone hides it.

"And wo unto them that seek deep to hide their counsel from the Lord! And their works are in the dark; and they say: Who seeth us, and who knoweth us? And they also say: Surely, your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay. But behold, I will show unto them, saith the Lord of Hosts, that I know all their works. For shall the work say of him that made it, he made me not? Or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, he had no understanding?"
(2 Nephi 27:27)



Day 2177

No comments:

Post a Comment