Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 6:6-8

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 6:6-8

"And it repented the Lord that he made man on the earth, and it grieved him at this heart.
And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.
But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord."

This is what the Joseph Smith translation is on these verses.

"And it repented Noah, and his heart was pained, that the Lord had made man.
And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repented Noah that I have created them.
But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord."

From the inspired translation these verse make more sense and have important application for our day. Noah's heart was pained for what he was seeing among men. He felt sorry for them. Noah repents of his sins after seeing the sins of the world. From this Noah receives grace and the lives of his family and himself are preserved. The application for my day is to not lose compassion. We should feel bad when we see others sin. Because we understand what that is doing to them. It grieves our hearts. We must look even deeper at ourselves to make sure we are not accepting the sins of the world in our lives. There is a need for repenting every day. Through this the Lord will prepare and preserve us for the days ahead.



Day 2165

No comments:

Post a Comment