Sunday, March 28, 2021

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 31:13, 16

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 31:13, 16

"I am the God of Beth-el, where thou anointedst the pillar, and where thou vowedst a vow unto me: now arise, get thee out from this land, and return unto the land of thy kindred.
For all the riches which God hath taken from our father, that is ours, and our children's: now then, whatsoever God hath said unto thee, do."

This reminded me of a two conversation I had yesterday. One was with the missionaries that visited our home. The other conversation I had with a friend last night. We were discussing moves and sales of homes. One thing my friend observed is that people seemed to be moving "home". As we went on that theme we wondered why we were in Utah when both our homes growing up were back East? Then I thought of my children and one son being born here. This is their home, and over the years it has become mine. We are home. I know there are some upset with the amount of people moving into Utah, afraid of the prices of homes going up, and politics probably changing. The way of life they have known is changing. All I can think of is let them come. They need to come. They are either gathering or fleeing. They must do either as the spirit directions them. One thing is for sure the fleeing and gathering are opening doors for many to hear the gospel. The Lord will send us where we need to be. His purposes are not always ours, but he will guide us.

"Yea, and then shall the work commence, with the Father among all nations in preparing the way whereby his people may be gathered home to the land of their inheritance.
And they shall go out from all nations; and they shall not go out in haste, nor go by flight, for I will go before them, saith the Father, and I will be their rearward."
(3 Nephi 21:28-29)



Day 2190

No comments:

Post a Comment