Monday, March 29, 2021

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 32:6-7, 9, 11

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 32:6-7, 9, 11

"And the messengers returned to Jacob, saying, We came to thy brother Esau, and also he cometh to meet thee, and four hundred men with him.
Then Jacob was greatly afraid and distressed: and he divided the people that was with him, and the flocks, and herds, and the camels, into two bands;
And Jacob said, O God of my father Abraham, and God of my father Isaac, the Lord which saidst unto me, Return unto thy kindred, and I will deal well with thee.
Deliver me, I pray thee, from the hand of my brother, from the hand of Esau: for I fear him, lest he will come and smite me, and the mother with the children.

Jacob was returning home and about to meet his brother Esau whom he feared. What I saw was a pattern. He still went as God asked him to. He made preparations to protect himself and his family. He asked God in faith for help. This is all any of us can do when we have to face something we fear. To walk in faith and trust the Lord. Only He can bring the peace that we need.



Day 2191 (6th anniversary of writing my favorite verse)

No comments:

Post a Comment