Thursday, October 8, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 16:1-2

 Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 16:1-2

"Hearken, my servant Peter, and listen to the words of Jesus Christ, your Lord and your Redeemer.
For behold, I speak unto you with sharpness and with power, for mine arm is over all the earth."

With Hearken I think of "Hear Him". The message that President Nelson has given on the importance of listening to Jesus Christ rings so loud with me. That is what I want to do. I pondered on the meaning of sharpness. I don't think its harsh or cruel, as in having sharp words with someone. I think it means exactness and right to the point of the matter. If you are listening to the words of Christ they would appear very clear. In the word power I think of Christ's power to save us from our sins. His arm is over all the earth reminds me that I have to let God prevail in my life.

“The only way to survive spiritually is to be determined to let God prevail in our lives, to learn to hear His voice and to use our energy to help gather Israel,”
(Russell M. Nelson, "Let God Prevail", Oct 2020, General Conference)



Day 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment