Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 36:2

 Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 36:2

"And I will lay my hand upon you by the hand of my servant Sidney Rigdon, and you shall receive my Spirit, the Holy Ghost, even the Comforter, which shall teach you the peaceable things of the kingdom."

I love the part "teach you the peaceable things of the kingdom". I think to often people look for the fantastic, strange or mystery and overlook the peaceable truths of the gospel. How beautiful is the pure doctrine of Christ, having faith, repentance, baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost. These are things we teach children, but as adults we need to go back and embrace so we can endure to the end. These are the things that bring peace to the soul and everlasting life.

Day 2039

No comments:

Post a Comment