Thursday, October 22, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 30:1-3

 Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 30:1-3

'Behold, I say unto you, David, that you have feared man and have not relied on me for strength as you ought.
But your mind has been on the things of the earth more than n the things of me, your Maker, and the ministry whereunto you have been called; and you have not given heed unto my Spirit, and to those who were set over you, but have been persuaded by those whom I have not commanded.
Wherefore, you are left to inquire for yourself at my hand, and ponder upon the things which you have received."

This is such excellent counsel the Lord gives David Whitmer. I think everyone has to go through this learning process. The natural man will have us fear other men and listen to their counsel, and not the Lord's. The risk in following man is it's often in opposition to the prompting of the Spirit. Soon one no longer listens to the spirit because their heart is on the world and not God. When we don't listen and follow the spirit we are left to our own devices, until we are ready to listen again. As I ponder on this I think one key to getting back the spirit is to ponder on what we already received and what it means to us.


Day 2033

No comments:

Post a Comment