Friday, October 23, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 31:12

 Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 31:12

"Pray always, lest you enter into temptation and lose your reward."

This made me think of these verses.

"And again, I command thee that thou shalt pray vocally as well as in thy heart; yea, before the world as well as in secret, in public as well as in private."
(Doctrine and Covenants 19:28)

"Pray always, and I will pour out my Spirit upon you, and great shall be your blessing - yea, even more than if you should obtain treasures of earth and corruptibleness to the extent thereof."
(Doctrine and Covenants 19:38)

"Yea, and when you do not cry unto the Lord, let your hearts be full, drawn out in prayer unto him continually for your welfare, and also for the welfare of those who are around you."
(Alma 32:27)

"But that ye would humble yourselves before the Lord, and call on his holy name, and watch and pray continually, that ye may not be tempted above that which ye can bear, and thus be led by the Holy Spirit, becoming humble, meek, submissive, patient, full of love and all long-suffering."
(Alma 13:28)

I cannot begin or end my day without prayer. Prayer is my anchor. With a continual prayer to God in my heart I am never alone.


Day 2034

No comments:

Post a Comment