Thursday, October 29, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 37:3-4

 Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 37:3-4

"And again, a commandment I give unto the church, that it is expedient in me that they should assemble together at the Ohio, against the time that my servant Oliver Cowdery shall return unto them.
Behold, here is wisdom, and let every man choose for himself until I come. Even so. Amen."

What I pondered on is that the Lord commanded the saints to gather in Ohio. Yet, he never took away their free agency to choose if they would obey. Wisdom would be to follow, but not everyone is wise in how they follow the counsel of the Lord or his servants. In the first verse the Lord tells them why they must go, "because of the enemy and for your sakes". There is both a warning and a blessing. Often I see the counsel given to us today follows that same pattern.


Day 2040

No comments:

Post a Comment