Friday, October 16, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 24:8

 Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 24:8

"Be patient in afflictions, for thou shalt have many; but endure them, for, lo, I am with thee, even unto the end of thy days."

It is through afflictions that I have learned patience. I cannot say I am perfect in patience, but I have grown measurably in it. As I have learned to turn to the Lord in order to endure affliction, the greater the ability I have been given to wait patiently. I think there is a spiritual refinement that comes from patience. So it is a most desirable Christlike attribute to obtain. It is a very good thing to learn and grow stronger in patience. It really becomes quite a blessing to posses it, especially in very trying circumstances. I have been rather fascinated during this pandemic to see various reactions people are having with patience. Just like the parable of the ten virgins, either you have patience in your lamp or your don't. No one can share it with you if your lamp is empty. One must build their store of it in order to endure.



Day 2027

No comments:

Post a Comment