Friday, October 30, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 38:30

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 38:30
"I tell you these things because of your prayers; wherefore, treasure up wisdom in your bosoms, lest the wickedness of men reveal these things unto you by their wickedness, in a manner which shall speak in your ears with a voice louder than that which shall shake the earth; but if ye are prepared ye shall not fear."

During this recent General Conference I felt like the reoccurring theme for me was "if ye are prepared ye shall not fear". Preparation is not only temporary but spiritual too. I cannot have one without the other, unless I want to live in fear. I don't know what's coming, in a way I'm grateful for that. All I know is whatever comes is what the Lord needs me to go through or witness. Sometimes you just sit silent on the sidelines and watch, but learn an awful lot. Which makes me think of this other verse I pondered on tonight.

"Which causeth silence to reign, and all eternity is pained, and the angels are waiting the great command to reap down the earth, to gather the tares that they may be burned; and behold, the enemy is combined."
(Doctrine & Covenants 38:12)

I wondered what silence meant. For me tonight, it means I will be sitting and watching what things are going to take place, but not take an active part. Sometimes that is the wisest thing a person can do.


Day 2041

No comments:

Post a Comment