Sunday, September 20, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Moroni 9:25

Today's Favorite Verse: Moroni 9:25
"My son, be faithful in Christ; and may not the things which I have written grieve thee, to weigh thee down unto death; but may Christ lift thee up, and may his sufferings and death, and the showing his body unto our fathers, and his mercy and long-suffering, and the hope of his glory and of eternal life, rest in your mind forever."

It's not hard to find so many stories in the news that break my heart. Sometimes I am just so incredibly sad and tearful for the suffering that I see. I have found that when these times happen that I simply need to sit quiet and just read the scriptures. I feel strength come back to me, and peace within. Mormon speaks of some pretty horrible things that were happening among the people. I imagine he knew from his own experience that focusing on the Lord, all he had done for us, and the hope of eternal life was the only way to get through this. Moroni must have cherished this council from his father in order for him to save this letter and record it for us.

Day 2001


No comments:

Post a Comment