Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Ether 5:4

Today's Favorite Verse: Ether 5:4
"And in the mouth of three witnesses shall these things be established; and the testimony of three, and this work, in the which shall be shown forth the power of God and also his word, of which the Father and the Son, and the Holy Ghost bear record - and all this shall stand as a testimony against the world at the last day."

I am so grateful for the law of witnesses. It has helped confirm to me what the spirit has taught me. When a gospel principle is opened up to my understanding I will always find a second or third witness to it. Not just anyone, for there are false teachers a plenty. The true witnesses will be the other scriptures, words of the prophets or apostles, and the conference talks. Those are witnesses to true doctrine.

I have come to learn I never have an original thought for if the spirit teaches me something there will be others with the same impression too. It is a very interesting thing to observe. There is a protection in the law of witnesses. It can be used with many things in order to tell what is truth. 


Day 1982

No comments:

Post a Comment