Monday, September 21, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Moroni 10:32-34

Today's Favorite Verse: Moroni 10:32-34
"Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.
And again, if ye by the grace of God are perfect in Christ, and deny not his power, then are ye sanctified in Christ by the grace of God, through the shedding of the blood of Christ, which is in the covenant of the Father unto the remission of your sins, that ye become holy, without spot.
And now I bid unto all, farewell. I soon go to the rest in the paradise of God, until my spirit and body shall again reunite, and I am brought forth triumphant through the air, to meet you before the pleasing bar of the great Jehovah, the Eternal Judge of both the quick and dead. Amen.
The End"

I just finished the closing chapter of the Book of Mormon. I always think of Moroni 10 as the invitation to pray and ask God in the name of Jesus Christ if these words are true. This is an invitation that I have already taken and know for myself these are the words of God. I cherish them, love them, and am strengthened by them.

So, I asked myself what message is there for someone that already knows it is true? That is when I realized my favorite verse for today is becoming perfected in Christ. The key is perfection will never happen if I try to do it alone. Trying to do that will lead to discouragement, depression and hopelessness, for I have been there. It is only when I realized perfection comes through Christ, that I realized how much I really needed Him. I am good enough, and He will make me better.

As I watched what will be the final Book of Mormon video, I was struck with how alone Moroni was. On some level what a relief that must have been after all the carnage that he witnessed. But, then you are a prisoner to your thoughts. What a blessing it must have been to keep himself occupied by reading the scriptures he carried, and pondering them in his heart. What he read is what I am reading. What a power these words have to heal the broken heart, simply because you come to know the Christ.


Day 2002

No comments:

Post a Comment