Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants: Introduction

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants: Introduction
"The Doctrine and Covenants is a collection of divine revelations and inspired declarations given for the establishment and regulation of the kingdom of God on the earth in the last days. Although most of the sections are directed to members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the messages, warnings, and exhortations are for the benefit of all mankind and contain an invitation to all people everywhere to hear the voice of the Lord Jesus Christ, speaking to them for their temporal well-being and their everlasting salvation."

I have wanted to study the Doctrine and Covenants for quite a while now. I did finish reading it earlier this year, but wanted to start over the minute I finished. I am excited to finally have time to read and ponder it again. I'm looking at the introduction and this opening paragraph really sets the stage for what a treat I am in for.

I also love this sentence "..the work that is initiated herein is preparatory to His Second Coming". Here is finally a set of scripture written in my language and in the dispensation that I live in. This is the dispensation of the fulness of time and the saints need to be a people prepared for the Savior's Second Coming. I know if I study, ponder and pray about what is in this sacred set of scriptures I will be ready for the days that are ahead.


Day 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment