Monday, September 28, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 6:14

 Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 6:14

"Verily, verily, I say unto thee, blessed art thou for what thou hast done; for thou hast inquired of me, and behold, as often as thou hast inquired thou hast received instruction of my Spirit. If it had not been so, thou wouldst not have come to the place where thou art at this time."

Before I read my scriptures I pray that the Spirit will let me know what it is I should learn. For each time I read its an open book and the Spirit will let me know what it is I should ponder on. I have never been disappointed in that prayer. There is always a new thought or insight that comes as I prayerful ponder what I read.

As I sat and reflected on this I recalled that for years there was an issue with reading scriptures. I could barely read and comprehend because of my illness. But over the years and slowly healing I have never been disappointed. One thing I am realizing tonight is that I did not always pray before reading my scriptures. I don't even know when it changed. It makes me wonder now if things would have been different when I started, when my brain was not yet well? Then I realized the Spirit teaches and when I was ready to learn, then the desire to pray became part of it. I am so grateful that I have come to place that am now.



Day 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment