Saturday, September 26, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 4:1-2

 Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 4:1-2

"Now behold, a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men.
Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day."

When I read "a marvelous work is about to come forth" I could feel it. It's like there is something in the air. At the time this was given to Joseph Smith the Book of Mormon hadn't yet been printed, and the church was still to be organized. But, now I feel like I've been resting in my home during this pandemic. Learning and growing spiritually for the marvelous days ahead. Sadly, the world is growing more wicked, but at the same time the Lord is doing a marvelous thing. He is preparing his saints for his second coming. How am I to get ready? It is by serving God with all my heart, might, mind and strength. If I can just keep that in focus I will stay on the right track.

I have no doubt this world-wide pandemic is not only a warning voice to the world, but a blessing for those that will listen. This other verse really stood out to me tonight during our family scripture reading. It took new meaning in light of what we are going through.

"Therefore, go ye unto your homes, and ponder upon the things which I have said, and ask of the Father, in my name, that ye may understand, and prepare your minds for the morrow, and I come unto you again."
(3 Nephi 17:3)

This time next week I will be sitting at the feet of the prophets and listening to General Conference. I can't wait.



Day 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment