Friday, September 25, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 3:4, 8

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 3:4, 8
"For although a man may have many revelations, and have power to do many mighty works, yet if he boasts in his own strength, and sets at naught the counsels of God, and follows after the dictates of his own will and carnal desires, he must fall and incur the vengeance of a just God upon him.
Yet you should have been faithful; and he would have extended his arm and supported you against all the fiery darts of the adversary; and he would have been with you in every time of trouble."

These verses meant something to me tonight because of a scripture my husband showed me today..

"And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the Lord thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the Lord that healeth thee.
(Exodus 15:26)

I have felt throughout this pandemic that I needed to learn obedience, and faithfully follow through with exactness the impressions I am given. Listen to the Lord and sustain his servants by following their counsel and examples. I have been grateful for the apostolic blessing the Elder Bednar gave me, "to have eyes to see and ears that hear". Today was one of those days, and we listened. It feels good. This is not the time to fall and be without the protection of the Lord. But, just like another way was prepared in advance when Joseph fell the Lord will humble us and teach us. The important thing is to repent and learn from it.



Day 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment