Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Galatians 4:16

Today's Favorite Verse: Galatians 4:16
"Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?"

The footnote leads to this verse.

"Behold, ye are worse than they; for as the Lord liveth, if a prophet come among you and declareth unto you the word of the Lord, which testifieth of your sins and iniquities, ye are angry with him, and cast him out and seek all manner of ways to destroy him; yea, you will say that he is a false prophet, and that he is a sinner, and of the devil, because he testifieth that your deeds are evil."
(Helaman 13:26)

I have thought a lot about this after what I witnessed online during general conference. Those that would call themselves saints behaved unseemingly. The open rebellion against an apostle of the Lord made me ill. They only attacked him because what he said was true. It has made me think of the shifting of the wheat and tares that will come. This has made me earnestly pray for them that their eyes would be opened in enough time.

It makes me recall an experience my husband and I had many years ago. We were invited to a neighbor's home and while there this man started saying somethings that bothered me. I finally asked him what the "brethren", meaning the leaders of the church, had said about this. He only needed to begin with "Let me tell you, I have a problem with....." To my husband and I the discussion was now over. We wanted no part of this, so we quietly found an excuse and went home. Boy, did we seriously examine ourselves to see why this man thought we would have been liked minded with him. There were some things we needed to change. I do not blindly follow the prophet or apostles. I seek the spirit's confirmation on what has been said. I have never found the spirit contradict what has been said. This is a blessing that as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints that I claim, for I have been endowed with the gift of the Holy Ghost. If the day comes that I do not have the spirit of what has been said, then I will look deep inside myself to exam why.



Day 1668

No comments:

Post a Comment