Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Corinthians 9:7

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Corinthians 9:7
"Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver."

This made me think of a scripture, but I can't find it because I'm sick with a bug. So I will try to describe what I am looking for. We've had discussion in our home about service and there is a scripture that says something along the lines that it profiteth them nothing if they serve unwillingly. I realized that it doesn't mean your service doesn't count. It just mean you didn't move in a forward motion. If all you can do is serve with the heart that you have then serve. For keeping at it long enough you will catch the spirit of it. So like this scripture if all you can do at first is give grudgingly it doesn't mean not to give. For if you seek to do it with a willing heart you will soon catch the spirit of it.



Day 1660

No comments:

Post a Comment