Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Corinthians 2:11, 17

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Corinthians 2:11, 17
"Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.
For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in sight of God speak we in Christ."

I just listened to two days worth of General Conference where this warning to be not deceived was peppered in the majority of talks. I have no doubt the prophet and apostles are well aware, far greater than I, of what is happening. I have seen far to many would be saints being deceived. I have prayed for them to have eyes that see and ears that hear. In fact I had an incident right before conference that caused me to pray for a talk that I could use as a resource to help others. I cried because now there are so many. I am not the only one seeing this issue. The Lord wants to prepare His saints for his Second Coming. How desperately he wants us to get rid of our idols, false gods, and priestcrafts. These two talks stood out to me. Sadly, the link to Elder Stevenson full text is not working correctly. There are even more talks, but these are a good start. I have made it a matter of prayer, and I invite others to join me in it. Ask with real intent where you might be deceived, so you can root it out. You cannot serve two masters, so you have to forsake the one to fully love the other.

Elder Gary E. Stevenson, "Deceive Me Not"
Elder Peter M. Johnson, "Power to Overcome the Adversary"


Day 1653

No comments:

Post a Comment