Sunday, October 13, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Corinthians 7:9-10

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Corinthians 7:9-10
"Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance: for ye were made sorry after a godly manner, that ye might receive damage by us in nothing.
For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death."

I had written this in my notes on these verses.
"Godly sorrow - repentance with an honest heart.
Worldly sorrow - seen of the world because you were found out. Motivated by fear of people not of God."

As I pondered on this I realized godly sorrow makes one change for the better. The wordly sorrow does not change the man it punishes him into submission. God will never do that.



Day 1658

No comments:

Post a Comment