Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Ephesians 5:18-19

Today's Favorite Verse: Ephesians 5:18-19
"And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;
Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord."

I reflected on music and how quickly I feel the spirit when I hear hymns or songs that praise God. No wonder we have a sacrament hymn before the bread and water is blessed and passed. So many times as I prepare for sacrament, by singing the hymns, my eyes fill with tears and they just stream down my face. What a blessing music is, and I am grateful to God that he has given me such a comfort.

When I re-listen to General Conference I love to hear the full sessions because the songs prepare me to hear the talks that follow or reinforce what was just said. They bring back the spirit I felt when I first heard the talks. As an experiment, I sat and listened to the October 2018 General Conference hymns before and after President Russell M. Nelson's talk "The Correct Name of the Church".  The music surrounds that talk so powerfully with the spirit and testifies of the truthfulness of the words just spoken.

His Voice as the Sound

The Correct Name of the Church, Russell M. Nelson

It is Well with my Soul

Day 1675

No comments:

Post a Comment