Thursday, October 10, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Corinthians 4:3

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Corinthians 4:3
"But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:"

This is reminding me of something I noticed this morning while reading the Book of Mormon. It is in 1 Nephi 8 during Lehi's dream. He was wandering for many hours in darkness and then prays to the Lord for mercy. In verse 9 it says:

"And it came to pass AFTER I prayed unto the Lord I beheld a large and spacious field."

The word AFTER is what stood out to me. Lehi could not see this large and spacious field that led to the tree of life, until after he prayed. Meaning it was there, he just couldn't see it.

So then I looked at what Laman and Lemuel were doing in verse 18.

"And it came to pass that I saw them, but they would not come unto me and partake of the fruit."

It made me wonder if Lehi called and they didn't even see him? The point I felt this morning and again tonight is we don't see things as the really are unless we are spiritually prepared to see them. The meaning of spiritual things are lost to those that reject them. What would my eyes see if I was spiritually prepared to see them? Reminds me of the words of Elisha, once again it was prayer that opened the spiritual eyes.

"And when the servant of the man of God was risen early, and gone forth, behold, an host compassed the city both with horses and chariots. And his servant said unto him, Alas, my master! how shall we do?
And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.
And Elisha prayed, and said, Lord, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the Lord opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.
(2 Kings 6:15-17)



Day 1655

No comments:

Post a Comment