Thursday, October 3, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Corinthians 13:2

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Corinthians 13:2
"And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing."

I was struck on how powerful charity is; it is even greater than having faith to the point you could move mountains and prophesy. So I pondered on what was lacking in these other areas that charity could be greater? I realized it is the human element. The others can all be done to the benefit of yourself. What purpose do they serve without charity? When I sit and think about what Jesus did, everything was done for the benefit of the person he was teaching, healing, serving. Even the greatest miracle of all, Christ's atonement and resurrection were all for the benefit of man. If Christ only had all knowledge, prophecy and faith it would lose the essence of his divine purpose and mission on earth. If I am to become like him, and do as he did, then I need to have this charity. Otherwise my purpose here would just stop with me. I would be an incredible waste of space, or nothing, for I had no purpose other than to serve myself. 



Day 1648

No comments:

Post a Comment