Saturday, October 5, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Corinthians 15:12, 29

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Corinthians 15:12, 29
"Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?
Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead?"

What struck me in this chapter is how many questions Paul asks. These questions are all guided by the spirit and meant to instruct. How powerful it is to ask myself these questions so the spirit can testify the truth in them. Questions are so vital to the spirit teaching me I often forget I just had a question. That is because I can have one form and then the answer comes right after. Other times I will have a question in my mind and carry it for days, just pondering on it. I have learned to be patient for the spirit will instruct me as I am ready. In time I will be guided to another scripture, conference talk or have an experience that opens up what I had been pondering on. I rather rejoice in this whole path of discovery and instruction by the spirit. There are such eternal truths in questions and it is good to have them, when asked in faith. A spiritual question cannot be answered if one doubts or challenges God with it.

The other thing I noticed in questions is not everyone's questions are the same. We all have different gospel understanding. I can take for granted that people know the answer to Paul's question on baptism for the dead. Yet, there are untold Christians in the world that are lost to this practice and the whole concept of the redemption of the dead in the spirit world. Yet, if they prayerfully seek an answer and are receptive to being taught the answer will come.

"The two pillars, one sea, and twelve brasen bulls that were under the bases, which king Solomon had made in the house of the Lord: the brass of all these vessels was without weight."
(Jeremiah 52:20)

Baptismal Font
Memphis Tennessee Temple of 
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Day 1650

No comments:

Post a Comment