Monday, October 7, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Corinthians 1:6

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Corinthians 1:6
"And whether we be afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effectual in the enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer: or whether we be comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation."

I've shed many tears today. My body is tired of pain. It's been a year since I first injured my knee and after the third time of re-injuring it I've been sitting in a wheelchair. I have seven more years to endure because I cannot afford surgery and that is how long before I can, unless a miracle comes. The new tears are over my hurt wrist. The wrist I use to pull myself up in my wheelchair, the one I use to walk with my crutch. The one I use to control the computer mouse so I can work. I've still done all these things today, because I have to, even though the doctor told me I need to rest it. My wrist is in a brace, it allows me to type. So far it hasn't done much for the pain.

The real reason I have shed so many more tears today is because I feel the Lord very close by my side. He knows my pain like no one else can. He is my comfort. I had a blessing tonight and in it I was told the Lord was well please with my patience, and it would take time for my wrist to heal. Yes, affliction and enduring is hard, but I am not left comfortless.



Day 1652

No comments:

Post a Comment