Monday, October 28, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Ephesians 3:17-19

Today's Favorite Verse: Ephesians 3:17-19
"That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God."

As I read this chapter I thought of apostolic blessings. Paul sounds like he was leaving the saints at Ephesus one. I think I first became aware of apostolic blessings about 10 years ago at RootsTech during Family Discovery Day. Every year since then an apostle has left an apostolic blessing on us in this great work of redeeming the dead. I don't know if I am just looking for them or if there actually are more and more of them being given by the apostles and prophet during General Conference. Elder Dale G. Renlund visited our stake and left us one too. I think there just has been more of them given while I have been blessed to hear them.

In these verses I love the imagery of being rooted, grounded in love and faith.

"If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;"
(Colossians 1:23)



Day 1673

No comments:

Post a Comment