Friday, October 18, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Corinthians 12:9-10
"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong."

This made me reflect on my infirmities and what I have learned from them. It's interesting how I have learned different Christlike attributes through them. My recent one I am learning is patience. I think in the past year I've gone through the hardest part of learning patience. That is actually having it. Now I am learning the beauty and blessings that come from patience. I would have had a hard time saying I gloried in my infirmities when I first read this verse. After serious reflection I see glory is very fitting description. It's not the bragging about the affliction, it's the change that happens because of them, a weakness that is making another part of me strong. 


Day 1663

No comments:

Post a Comment