Thursday, August 1, 2024

Today's Favorite Verse: Jacob 6:5

Today's Favorite Verse: Jacob 6:5
"Wherefore, my beloved brethren, I beseech of you in words of soberness that ye would repent, and come with full purpose of heart, and cleave unto God as he cleaveth unto you. And while his arm of mercy is extended towards you in the light of the day, harden not your hearts."

Before I was reading this I was reading in Exodus 9 and 10 and noticed the footnotes. Every time it said "And the Lord hardened the heart of Pharaoh" in the footnote it is corrected and says "And Pharaoh hardened his heart". At one point Moses is told "for he hath hardened his heart, and the hearts of his servants, therefore I will show these my signs before him;" (JST Ex. 10:1) The Lord God does not harden his heart against his children. His arms of mercy are always extended towards us if we will repent. It is man that will harden his heart against God. Pharaoh was given every opportunity to repent and soften his heart. Sometimes we pass through hard things before we are humble enough to do it.


Day 3410

No comments:

Post a Comment