Saturday, August 10, 2024

Today's Favorite Verse: Mosiah 4:22-23

Today's Favorite Verse: Mosiah 4:22-23
"And if ye judge the man who putteth up his petition to you for your substance that he perish not, and condemn him, how much more just will be your condemnation for withholding your substance, which doth not belong to you but to God, to whom also your life belongeth; and yet ye put up no petition, nor repent of the thing which thou hast done.
I say unto you, wo be unto that man, for his substance shall perish with him; and now, I say these things unto those who are rich as pertaining to the things of this world."

As I read this chapter I cannot help but think of the man that I lent a large sum of money to and never repaid me. When they bragged about the money they had I asked for what was owed me and they twisted it all around and wouldn't repay me. Then they were so bold to claim they were planning on giving me money with their found wealth to help me "because I was so poor", but now they wouldn't because I didn't deserve it. Their behavior was beyond shocking. I turned them over to the Lord, so their sin would not be my sin. I needed to forgive them so it wouldn't sour me. May God have mercy on their soul.

"Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord."
(Roman 12:19)

"For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses."
(Matthew 6:14-15)


Day 3419

No comments:

Post a Comment