Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Today's Favorite Verse: Mosiah 14:2

Today's Favorite Verse: Mosiah 14:2
"For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of dry ground; he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him there is no beauty that we should desire him."

I remember pondering on this during sacrament one time. I could not imagine that Christ had no physical beauty to look upon him. I could understand why we shouldn't look for the Messiah in such a physical manner, but I could never imagine him ugly or without any beauty. Then my heart began to understand, Christ has no worldly beauty. His pureness is not a desirable attribute to those that love the world. He was not adorned as a king in his mortal life. He would not show himself a warrior to fight their battles. His humility did not make him desirable to the natural man. Then I thought of those that have pride and arrogance in their mannerism and how some are drawn to that, but I am not.

Comeliness - The word comeliness comes from the adjective "comely," which means pleasurably conforming to notions of good appearance, suitability, or proportion.

Jesus Christ would not look suitable to be their Messiah when they looked upon him. To those that knew him he would be everything he should.



Day 3429

No comments:

Post a Comment