Sunday, August 18, 2024

Today's Favorite Verse: Mosiah 12:1-2

Today's Favorite Verse: Mosiah 12:1-2
"And it came to pass that after the space of two years that Abinadi came among them in disguise, that they knew him not, and began to prophesy among them, saying: Thus has the Lord commanded me, saying—Abinadi, go and prophesy unto this my people, for they have hardened their hearts against my words; they have repented not of their evil doings; therefore, I will visit them in my anger, yea, in my fierce anger will I visit them in their iniquities and abominations.
Yea, wo be unto this generation! And the Lord said unto me: Stretch forth thy hand and prophesy, saying: Thus saith the Lord, it shall come to pass that this generation, because of their iniquities, shall be brought into bondage, and shall be smitten on the cheek; yea, and shall be driven by men, and shall be slain; and the vultures of the air, and the dogs, yea, and the wild beasts, shall devour their flesh."

I pondered on how the Lord gave king Noah and his people two years to repent. He sent Abinadi again to them to warn them. It would be in the current generation that they would be brought into bondage. Giving them time is being merciful, but eventually time runs out.

"Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets."
(Amos 3:7)

"The original Hebrew word used in the Bible for secret literally means “counsel,” so it has to do with the Lord’s plans or intentions."
(New Era, "Line upon Line Amos 3:7", March 2012)


Day 3427

No comments:

Post a Comment