Sunday, August 11, 2024

Today's Favorite Verse: Mosiah 5:2

Today's Favorite Verse: Mosiah 5:2
"And they all cried with one voice, saying: Yea, we believe all the words which thou hast spoken unto us; and also, we know of their surety and truth, because of the Spirit of the Lord Omnipotent, which has wrought a mighty change in us, or in our hearts, that we have no more disposition to do evil, but to do good continually."

I pondered on how a mighty change of heart and conversion can come to many at one time by hearing the word of God, like king Benjamin's people did. But, more often than not this mighty change of heart comes one person at a time, and often slowly over time. Sometime we don't even realize it is happening. I can remember realizing how my heart had changed when I went back to watch an old movie that I had loved. I could feel how it now effected my spirit and I just threw it away. It's little things that tell us we are improving and getting better over time.

"Surely one of Jesus’s most consistent invitations and pleas during His mortal ministry was that we change and repent and come unto Him. Fundamentally implicit in all of His teachings to live on a higher plane of moral conduct is a call to personal progression, to transformative faith in Christ, to a mighty change of heart."
(Patrick Kearon, "God's Intent is to Bring You Home", Apr 2024 General Conference)


Day 3420


No comments:

Post a Comment