Friday, August 9, 2024

Today's Favorite Verse: Mosiah 3:1-2

Today's Favorite Verse: Mosiah 3:1-2
"And again my brethren, I would call your attention, for I have somewhat more to speak unto you; for behold, I have things to tell you concerning that which is to come.
And the things which I shall tell you are made known unto me by an angel from God. And he said unto me: Awake; and I awoke, and behold he stood before me."

This made me think of this.
"Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets." (Amos 3:7)

I also thought about President Russell M. Nelson and how he has received revelation in the night. I grew up thinking the restoration of the gospel was complete. It wasn't until President Nelson became prophet that I understood it was ongoing and much more is to come.

"Ponder these three truths:
1. The Restoration is a process, not an event, and will continue until the Lord comes again.
2. The ultimate objective of the gathering of Israel is to bring the blessings of the temple to God’s faithful children.
3. As we seek how to accomplish that objective more effectively, the Lord reveals more insights. The ongoing Restoration needs ongoing revelation."
(Russell M. Nelson, "The Temple and Your Spiritual Foundation", Oct 2021 General Conference)

I love this video where Sister Wendy Nelson described what happens as President Nelson receives revelation or visitations in the night.

"I am a witness by being present, and I’m a witness by being absent, that the Lord indeed instructs His prophet...Sometimes the Lord has me stay close to my husband when he is receiving instructions. My husband will say during the night, “OK dear, it’s happening.” I just remain quiet and then soon he's sitting up at the side of the bed writing, now with a lighted pen that someone gave him. It’s pretty cute. The number of nighttime messages to him, since becoming President of the Church, have increased exponentially. It's incredible.
It was an early Saturday morning, and I could feel I was supposed to get out of bed. I wasn't finished sleeping, I didn't want to get out of bed, but I could feel, “Move out of bed now.” So I went down and did some family history research. Two hours later, my husband emerged from our bedroom and said, “Wendy, you won't believe what’s been happening for two hours. The Lord has given me detailed instruction about a process I am to follow.” Sometimes it's just two lines, I never look at it, he’ll just hold it up and show me. I just think, those are private messages to him and I would never look."
(Sister Wendy Nelson, "My Witness | Sister Wendy Nelson," video, 0:00 and 1:20, YouTube, posted by Church News, March 11, 2019)


Day 3418

No comments:

Post a Comment