Thursday, August 22, 2024

Today's Favorite Verse: Mosiah 16:6-7

Today's Favorite Verse: Mosiah 16:6-7
"And now if Christ had not come into the world, speaking of things to come as though they had already come, there could have been no redemption.
And if Christ had not risen from the dead, or have broken the bands of death that the grave should have no victory, and that death should have no sting, there could have been no resurrection."

These are the words of Abinadi spoke 182 years before Christ would rise from the dead. I pondered on what absolute faith it took to think of these events as already taking place. I can't even imagine seeing a future event as already happening. I can believe events that happened in the past that I was not witness too. I do believe Christ will come again and there will be a Millennial reign and final judgment. But I think of all those as future. It made me think of the prophet Lehi and how he spoke of the destruction of Jerusalem and obtaining a land of promise before those events happened too.

"And it had come to pass that my father spake unto her, saying: I know that I am a visionary man; for if I had not seen the things of God in a vision I should not have known the goodness of God, but had tarried at Jerusalem, and had perished with my brethren.
But behold, I have obtained a land of promise, in the which things I do rejoice; yea, and I know that the Lord will deliver my sons out of the hands of Laban, and bring them down again unto us in the wilderness."
(1 Nephi 5:4-5)


Day 3431

No comments:

Post a Comment