Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Today's Favorite Verse: Words of Mormon 1:3

Today's Favorite Verse: Words of Mormon 1:3
"And now, I speak somewhat concerning that which I have written; for after I had made an abridgment from the plates of Nephi, down to the reign of this king Benjamin, of whom Amaleki spake, I searched among the records which had been delivered into my hands, and I found these plates, which contained this small account of the prophets, from Jacob down to the reign of this king Benjamin, and also many of the words of Nephi."

I pondered on Mormon spending so much time and effort to abridge the plates of Nephi and then he finds these other plates of Nephi that cover the same time period. Yes, I know he includes them for a wise purpose that he doesn't at that time understand.

"But behold, I shall take these plates, which contain these prophesyings and revelations, and put them with the remainder of my record, for they are choice unto me; and I know they will be choice unto my brethren.
And I do this for a wise purpose; for thus it whispereth me, according to the workings of the Spirit of the Lord which is in me. And now, I do not know all things; but the Lord knoweth all things which are to come; wherefore, he worketh in me to do according to his will."
(Words of Mormon 1:6-7)

I can't help but wonder if he felt in part that his earlier efforts were for nothing? When I've had to repeat or redo things it feels like such a waste of time. Why couldn't I have just done it right the first time? I pondered on what you learn along the way. When on the Lord's errand the time spend and the effort given is never wasted. There is always a purpose. Plan as we will the course can change, because it's not our will, it's His will.


Day 3415

No comments:

Post a Comment